Wearing colored contact lenses has always been associated to ladies who want to add spice to their looks. Because of this, men are usually hesitant to wear them since doing so will make them appear effeminate. However, it is not true nowadays – putting on colored contact lenses can actually make men look more stunning and handsome and brings about a total makeover!
Choosing the Best Color
Contact lenses of different hues are available in the market, but there are selected colors that are most appropriate for men to wear.
The first thing to do is to identify whether the eyes are dark or light. If one has light eye color, go for opaque contact lenses that will completely change the eye color such as aquamarine, emerald green, chesnut brown, or pearl gray. If the eyes are dark, translucent contact lenses of color jade, hazel, topaz, or blue will do. There are also contact lenses that consist of three colors and this allows either light or dark eyes to have varied eye color.
Once a color has been selected, check out how these contacts can affect your eyesight both indoor and outdoor. The last thing that anyone would want to happen is to damage the eyes. Make sure to choose the pair of colored contact lenses that can be used wherever, whenever.
Looks to Try Out
Men can try out the following colored contact lenses style:
- Old Blue Eyes – Look as dashing as Edward Norton by putting on aqua blue contact lenses to emphasize especially tan skin and slicked back hair. With these, get the second looks from people passing by.
- Dark and Stormy – For the mysterious type, wearing gray contact lenses can highlight this strong trait. Be that rugged, man of all seasons as how Dirk Nowitzki brings himself especially in the basketball court.
- Green with Envy – Any shade of green contact lenses can bring out the hair color and skin tone. Not everyone can sport this look appropriately, so those who can carry it are lucky enough, just like Tom Cruise.
- Deep Sea Blue – Carry out a Pierce Brosnan look by putting on any classic blue colored contact lenses and see how this can draw attention from other people.
- Basic Brown – Putting on contact lenses with the shade of brown bring about a poetic and dreamer look like Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s. Among all shades of brown, dark brown is the most flexible color.
The bottomline is to keep the look as natural as possible. Be aware of how the colors chosen match the skin tone and hair color. Also, always remember that contact lenses, whether colored or not, are still counted as medical tools. Get second opinions from eye doctors before purchasing one.